Tuesday 11 September 2018

I can't wait 'til I'm 40!

I first said this out loud in the midst of my colleagues when I was 24 years old and probably the youngest member of staff in my department! Needless to say they looked at me as if I was crazy and were probably a little pissed! What on earth possessed me to wish away my youthful years. Nothing! I wasn't wishing them away but I am a visionary and I looked ahead to that point with positive expectation and I knew within myself that by time I reach 40 much of the labouring of building my life would be done! My hopes were that by then I would be financially healthy, I would be a mum and hopefully married. Not that this stage wouldn't come with its own challenges but my 20s was the era of so many decisions to make and confusion on what direction to go in life.

Someone said 40 is the new 30, and whilst we can easily argue and agree that that person may well be living in denial, I can see how that statement can be true for an honest individual. The idea that 30 is the flirty, confident, secure age of womanhood (if you're a woman that is!) I now see as dependent really on your own mentality and life choices. I have seen 30 year olds who have made some desperate and ghastly moves in their lives and I have seen some 20 year olds who have made some bold and mature moves. In the words and voice of Aaliyah 'age ain't nothing but a number'! The decisions we make, determine how much we enjoy the ages we become and the life that we ultimately live.

May our decisions be wise and when we make a mistake, may we humbly change course and get back to living a life of love, laughter and happiness. As far as we know, we only live once so why not make the very best of it.


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

What's your thoughts? Add a comment below!

© Chantal's . All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig