Wednesday 12 September 2018

That trumpet sound

No I'm not referring to the call of God - not in this post anyway! I'm talking about the horn we toot for ourselves sometimes! They say 'don't blow your own trumpet', when talking about those who in a braggadocios and proud way flaunt their achievements or accomplishments in your face. For me, arrogance is so unattractive in a person. It surpasses confidence and it just feels vile! My Guru and those closest to me are always celebrating areas of my life that I myself just hold onto and keep on the downlow! They sense my tendency to shy away from the spotlight and keep my gifts, talents or achievements, if you'd call them that, hidden from the world to see. Hidden from prying, judging or condemning eyes.
I'm talking about the horn we toot for ourselves
I am aware of that part of me which gets a little uncomfortable when someone praises something
about me or something I've done. I don't really know why but it's a shyness that I have always had. So even this blog for example makes me feel a little discomfort but that's mainly because of the vulnerability of placing my thoughts on a page for others to see. Its freeing in many ways but that feeling I personally get, is just part of my process. Some people who are acquainted with me might find it shocking that I am shy sometimes because I at least know how to appear confident when necessary I guess. But trust me, it takes a lot of prep behind the scenes to get me to that point! I have seen where I have let shyness rob me of potential opportunities and how dangerous it can really be. I try now to acknowledge and celebrate my mini victories and achievements. I try to work through uncomfortable moments where people are praising my work and accept it and just thank them and then run away!!! I place myself in uncomfortable settings that are good for me and good for my growth. And I embrace the sound of the trumpet blown, from others rather than silence it. I know and I make sure to express that every achievement of mine, every blessing given to me is from God who in His infinite mercy grants me wisdom. Our lives are supposed to be a reflection of glory and praise to God. So I can't hide it under a basket no matter how much I want to at times.
I at least know how to appear confident when necessary
My Guru threw up a quote today saying 'you are allowed to be a masterpiece and a work in progress simultaneously' and I resonate with that on such a deep level! That oxymoronic statement reveals a reality of life that we don't allow at times. We can still learn something new in an area that we feel we have already mastered. We can work on progressing an area that appears to be a masterpiece to others. We can excel in one area of our lives, yet need work in another area of our lives. This does not make you a failure, it just makes you human. This reality is what keeps me humble because in all of my knowing, I still don't know sometimes and I am always going to be growing, learning and at times failing throughout this journey called life. I don't have to shy away when I win or shy away because I fear failing. I can do both on the same platform in this one life given to me.

Chantal x


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

What's your thoughts? Add a comment below!

© Chantal's . All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig